- This oversized wintercoat has been keeping me warm
- We took some pictures for our friend who owns a vintage furniture shop
- This store is great. Good food, awesome branding.
- Somehow this bread took four hours in the oven before it was done.
- Nick taught our dog to walk without a leash. Best thing ever. Hands free dog walking!
- The ceiling of the National Maritime Museum in Amsterdam.
- Amsterdam and the National Maritime Museum.
Last year when we skipped winter because we were traveling in Asia, we missed it. The cold weather, the snow, staying indoors, short days. When winter came around we were incredibly excited, we bought winter coats, hats and gloves and we were ready to take this winter and love the hell out of it.
We waited and waited but no winter came. And now spring is already upon us. I can’t believe this was it! I didn’t even get to wear my gloves and the temperature went below zero on no more than two days. Not a single flake of snow!
And yet, spring feels like an awakening. The days are getting longer and when I ride my bike I hear birds singing their songs all around me. Nick said to me the other day “Babe, you’re like an excited puppy whenever there’s a sunny day” and I guess I am. I can’t wait for spring and summer and I’m already looking forward to next winter. Because who knows, we might get some snow next year.
How was your winter?