Slowly but surely this house of ours is coming together. We’re focusing on the top floors at the moment. One of which will be our home office. I’m so excited to move our mattress to the attic and start decorating our office. It will be the first time we will have our own office. At the moment we’re working from the couch, which is cosy but not comfortable.
I don’t know about you but I’m having a hard time finding furniture I really love. Desks are so ugly. I’ve looked everywhere but I just can’t seem to find a desk we really love. We’ve designed furniture before so for our home office we’ll be designing and making our own desks. It will be a learning process but I can’t wait to get started.
On another note, I’ve been thinking about getting some chickens. Here’s the pro’s and con’s list I made today while I should have been working on a client’s website.
- they eat leftovers, reducing our waste
- they start out as chicks
- they fertilize the garden and eat snails
- eggs. Who doesn’t love eggs!
- I’d like to find out if you can train chickens
- they fertilize the garden with poop
- our dog likes to hunt anything bird-like so I’m afraid she’ll constantly harass the chickens
- the chicken coop will take up a lot of the space in our small garden
- no more cons, chickens are awesome
Do you have some good home office inspiration resources? And how do you feel about chickens? Let me know!